August 17, 2018
So what’s more important than your health? Or the health of your family? Nothing! Therefore deciding on the best and most affordable medical aid is the most important decision to make. And essential Med is just one of many medical aids in South Africa to consider.
Significantly, these days more and more people are choosing hospital insurance plans. And particularly those with day-to-day healthcare benefits. In addition, this is opposed to full comprehensive plans like those offered by Discovery Health and Fedhealth.
Also, Essential Med differ in that they’re not a traditional medical aid. Importantly, this is an affordable health insurance product. Additionally it offers quality cover and also other healthcare services. And the day-to-day benefits are prepaid preventative healthcare services.
Products from Essential Med medical scheme include:
- Dread disease hospitalisation
- Illness hospitalisation
- Accident or maternity hospitalisation
- Emergency and casual visits in the event of an accident; and
- Permanent disability and death benefits
So when looking for the right plan from this scheme, first decide whether or not you require day-to-day benefits. And some of the benefits included in the plans are:
- Unlimited visits to the GP
- Maternity check ups
- Referred growth sonars
- Unlimited acute and prescribed medication
- Chronic medication cover upon approval
- Eye tests; and
- Referred x-rays and blood tests
Value Added Services
- Emergency services including emergency medical transport and then transfer between facilities
- Comprehensive pre-hospital services
- Care for stranded minors
- Then there are the advisory services including auto assist, travel assist, health assist, legal assist and funeral assist.
So complete the form on this page then hit the “Get Quote” button to get hospital plan quotes
More Benefits from Essential Med
Additionaly benefits from this scheme include:
- GP visits – members can visit their chosen GP within the network without having to make upfront cash payments.
- Partial cover for out-of-network or after-hour consultations. And if you’re not in your hometown and need to see a GP, some plans allow 3 out of area visits to a GP of your choosing.
- Unlimited maternity check-ups and tests. And maternity benefits include prenatal care and any required pathology tests.
- Referred growth sonars. Altogether 2 sonars are covered: the first and second trimester during pregnancy.
- Unlimited prescribed and acute medication – acute medication is linked to the network registered GP consultation and is covered in full. Over the counter benefits are not available. Medication should be obtained from a pharmacy within the scheme’s network.
- Basic dentistry and optometry are covered with certain specifications applicable.
- Unlimited referred blood tests and x-rays – an unlimited benefit when referred by a GP within the network and according to a list of pre-approved codes from the pathology and radiology formulary.
And Then Compare Quotes
Significantly, you can compare quotes and medical plans from a range of medical aids in South Africa including:
Importantly take your lifestyle and budget into consideration. And then choose the best medical aid plan for you and your family.
Firstly, complete the form on this page, then hit the “Get Quote” button to get hospital plan quotes
All info was correct at time of publishing