Which are the cheapest Medical Aid plans?
January 11, 2018
The cheapest Medical Aid plans vary depending on who the policy is for. For example, income-based plans or plans designed for certain income groups come in at a lower cost.
You can Find the cheapest Medical aid Plans
Low cost cover is available from some of the blue chip insurers such as Fedhealth. Fedhealth Blue Door Plus for instance, offers salary-based cover for low-income earners. Medimed and Selfmed also offer excellent medical aid plans for just over R1000 a month.
Look at these Insurers for The cheapest Medical aid Plans
When you research medical aid schemes, you’ll find the top names are Discovery, GEMS, Momentum, Bonitas, Polmed and Bankmed. Discovery has more than 2 million members and GEMS, more than a million. The cheapest medical aid plan is about R1 000 a month.
The cheapest Medical aid Plans include Low earners
There are however plans which cost R300 a month. Insurers try to cater for everyone, whether rich or poor. A cheaper plan in the form of a hospital plan is also an option. It has day-to-day cover at very much reduced prices.
Some more of The cheapest Medical aid Plans
Some schemes are income based. You pay a monthly fee according to the salary you earn. These cheap plans however, are only for those whose income is below a certain amount – like students.
- Momentum Health is popular with students. For R370 a month, they have access to any private hospital. They also get dental and eye care visits plus other free benefits.
- Medimed have several options – Alpha (R1020 a month), Medisave Max, Medisave Standard and Medisave Essential.
- Medshield – R1 143 a month for the Mediphilia option .
- Selfmed – the Selfnet plan costs R1,275.00 for the main member.
- Ingwe gives you access to entry level cover which includes hospital stays.
For the cheapest Medical aid Plans use a Comparison site
If you don’t have the time to research every little benefit on offer from insurers, use a medical aid comparison site. All they ask are a few questions regarding the type of cover you want and how much you can afford.
They then present the very cheapest to you but which also offers the best plan that suits your budget and health needs.
All info was correct at time of publishing