Zestlife Medical Aid Services
August 5, 2020
Zestlife is a leading financial services provider in South Africa. They offer life and medical insurance policies that are designed to fit the needs and income levels of members. They do not offer insurance services of their own. Zestlife’s insurance products are underwritten by Swiss Re and Gen Re. Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies, as is Gen Re. This should give you comfort of their ability to settle claims when it comes to it.
HealthMax is not a medical insurance product but rather an arm of Zestlife that offers customers advisory services on their hospital or medical aid plans. Through HealthMax, Zestlife will help you decide which medical aid plan will be the best fit for your budget. This is based on their deep understanding of the health insurance products offered by South Africa’s major medical schemes. They have been appointed to give advice on the policies offered by these providers.
HealthMax will provide you with a dedicated medical aid specialist to help you select the right plan and help you get the most out of it. But you won’t have to worry about paying for these services over and above your monthly contributions to the medical aid plan. Below are the services you can expect from HealthMax.
Needs Assessment and Medical Scheme Guidance
- A comprehensive assessment of your healthcare needs (and those of your dependents if you have a family). Based on this, they will help you select a medical aid policy that fits your unique needs and income level.
- Assistance in effecting changes to your policy as your needs change. This will be helpful, for instance, when introducing children as beneficiaries. They will also assist you when a child or spouse needs to be deregistered as a beneficiary.
- Advice and assistance on what to do if there is a dispute on a claim.
- Assistance with follow-up on submitted claims.
- Advice how to maximise on your PMB and making claims for such conditions.
- You can expect them to lend a hand when you need to make a claim on Zestlife Gap Cover. They will help you obtain the required documents from your main medical aid provider.
Guidance on Chronic Medication
Zestlife’s experts offer guidance on how to get medication for chronic conditions. They will advise you on how to claim for such from your medical aid.
Zestlife Gap Cover
Though they don’t offer medical aid policies, Zestlife does provide gap cover to meet expenses over and above what your medical aid plan covers.Gap cover comes in handy when you have undergone a planned medical procedure. Ordinarily this will be covered by your medical aid plan. However, there are times when the cost of procedures, ward expenses, or the cost of medication goes beyond the limit of your health insurance.
In such instances, you will be required to cover the shortfall from your savings, or provide a substantial co-payment. You can take up Zestlife’s gap cover to avoid going back into your pocket to cover those excess payments.
If you are interested in health insurance, please complete and submit the form on this page. We will send you a quote and, if you so choose, we will assist you in signing up for cover.
All info was correct at time of publishing