What is the Clientele H.E.L.P. Health Plan?
August 24, 2017
- Clientele H.E.L.P. Health Plan is not a medical aid
- It doesn’t have the same benefit of an in-hospital medical aid plan
- It is a form of health insurance from an insurance company
- Also, it pays out cash for hospitalization each day
- The cash benefit doesn’t have to be used for in-hospital costs – you can use it as you wish
The Clientele H.E.L.P. Health Plan isn’t a medical aid. Unlike medical aids which pay for specific medical procedures, this plan pays out cash for hospitalization stays. The cash benefit you receive can be used as you choose. Once you have been in the hospital and been discharged, you can submit your claims to have it assessed.
The Clientèle Limited Group is the leading financial services group and direct distributor of financial service products. This Clientele H.E.L.P. Health Plan is one of their products. Their aim is to provide easy to understand financial services products and their insurance is designed to protect you and your family against the unforeseen costs which come with hospitalization. These insurance plans provide you with cash pay outs.
Understand the Differences
The Clientele hospital plan is a cash back hospital plan which is a type of health insurance. It comes from an insurance company of which Clientele is one.
It will pay out a certain amount for each day you spend in hospital. It’s not a medical aid and therefore doesn’t have the benefit of the in-hospital medical aid cover. Many South Africans aren’t 100% sure about these cash back hospital plans.
So they’re not the same as a hospital plan medical aid, and it is important to understand the benefits and pros and cons of a hospital cash back plan where you get paid for each day you’re in hospital. You also need to remember that plans like this aren’t regulated by the Council for Medical Schemes.
What can you expect from the Clientele H.E.L.P. Health Plan –
- there are 3 H.E.L.P plans available – Standard, Ultimate, and Premium
there is also the H.E.L.P. Accident Plus Plan. This plan is from R201 per month. You can get up to R100 000 annual cover if hospitalized because of an accident. It will also pay out a lump sum if you are admitted for more than 72 hours
- from R250 per month for up to R200,000 annual cover
- there’s a maternity benefit
- there’s an annual lump sum of up to R20 000 paid out when you are admitted for more than 72 hours
- up to R2 000 Daily Cash benefit
- airtime paid when you put a claim in
- cover of up to R200 000 for accidental death, dread disease or disability
- covers up to 4 children at no additional cost
- there are some enhanced benefits such as HIV support, trauma counseling, 24-hour emergency helpline and emergency flight and ambulance services
If you complete the ‘call me back’ form, you’ll get a callback. You can also fill in the online quote form and Clientele will get back to you.
At least you’ve got Something
The benefits of these cash back hospital plans vary among insurance providers, and the cash amount you receive will be dependent on the policy you purchase. These Clientele life cash back hospital plans aren’t medical aid cover, but they sure are better than not having any form of health cover to talk of.
Please complete the form on this page to get a FREE hospital plan quote
All info was correct at time of publishing