Unlimited Health Protection Insurance
What is Unlimited Health Protection Insurance?
- Health protection offers peace of mind
- Insure yourself against unexpected expenses
- Add up to five children on your policy
- 24-hour medical emergency assistance
- Accidental death cover
Peace of mind
Health Protection from The Unlimited offers peace of mind in times of illness.
So this policy offers the assurance that the cost of family medical needs will be covered.
During times of hospitalisation, breadwinners do not want to stress about unforeseen expenses incurred during periods of unemployment.
Health Protect payouts can cover family needs, whether it is food on the table or fuel for the car.
Get paid while hospitalised – Unlimited Health Protection Insurance
Depending on the type of policy selected, Health Protect will pay up to:
- R20 000 for hospital expenses, and a further
- R10 000 for Intensive Care Unit (ICU) bills
Add your children to the policy
With Health Protect, policyholders can add up to five children, under the age of 21 years, to their policy.
So all of that for a mere additional R50 a month!
Emergency medical assistance – Unlimited Health Protection Insurance
Another plus factor about Health Protect is that policyholders enjoy the benefits of 24-hour emergency medical assistance.
- Emergency transport by helicopter or ambulance
- A dedicated 24-hour Emergency Advice Line to obtain immediate medical advice
Accidental death cover
Health Protect also offers an accidental death payout of R50 000 as an optional extra.
So for an affordable extra payment, this payout will offer family members the cash payout to meet additional expenses should the policyholder, or spouse, die as the result of an accident.
Take a closer look
Benefits paid out by Hospital Protect are underwritten by RMB Structured Like.
The benefits are paid out as follows:
- Hospital cover of up to R20 000
- Policyholders get R2 000 a day, for up to 10 days, when hospitalised for either accidental injuries or illness
- ICU cover of up to R10 000
- Policyholders get R1 000 a day, for a maximum of 10 days, if admitted to ICU.
Other pertinent Hospitals Protect facts
- Cover for hospitalisation for accidental death or injuries sustained in an accident is immediate after first premium payment
- There is a three-month waiting period for hospital cover due to illness
- There is a 12-month waiting period for pre-existing medical conditions
- Also, hospital Protect covers hospital costs for 30 days, or a maximum of three admissions to the hospital every year.
- Policyholders with other accident or health insurance from The Unlimited, qualify for a maximum payout of R3 000 daily when hospitalised
Conclusion – Unlimited Health Protection Insurance
In this day and age, when medical costs and hospital fees keep on an upward spiral, it is critically important to have health insurance to protect families.
To find out more about Health Protect from The Unlimited, visit their website or five them a call on 087 357 6522.
Complete the form on this page to get a FREE hospital plan quote.