Bonitas BonEssential Plan
Bonitas Medical Scheme is a fully registered medical scheme . Bonitas offers its members a wide range of medical plans including the affordable Bonitas BonEssential Plan.
Bonitas plans ensure all health care needs are met.
The BonComprehensive plan is their premium product and this plan is what everyone concerned for their health would love to invest in. It offers unlimited hospitalisation at any hospital in South Africa, covered at 300% of the Bonitas rate.
Bonitas BonEssential on the other hand is the perfect plan for those people who are healthier and who are just really wanting cover for major medical events.
The main member will be required to pay R1 316 per month in 2016, an adult dependant R1 007 and a child dependant contribution will be R386. The fourth and subsequent children will receive medical care free of charge. People who were on the Bonitas BonEssential Plan in 2015 will see some benefit changes in 2016 which include co-payments for 23 defined elective in-hospital procedures which will range from R1 050 to R5 250.
Bonitas BonEssential Plan Benefits
- Hospital stays at any private hospital in South Africa.
- Unlimited hospitalisation covered at 100% of the Bonitas Rate.
- BonEssential gives you an amount per family for the treatment of cancer – R295 400 per family per year.
- Unlimited GP, specialist as well as pathology benefits in hospital.
- Unlimited organ transplants subject to pre-authorisation.
- Take home medication – R325 for each beneficiary.
- Cover for 27 chronic conditions.
- You benefit from medical cover while you are away on holiday.
- Treatment of chemical and substance abuse, and a family will get R42 500 each year physical rehabilitation – R42 500 per family per year.
- Mental health hospitalisation – R27 650 for each family per year.
- Supplementary benefits – Bonitas believes in giving its members more so they offer additional benefits which provide cover in or out of hospital, payable from the Overall Annual Limit or OAL.
Maternity care is one of these benefits, offering 6 ante natal consultations, 4 post natal consultations, childhood benefits, elderly health and more.
Bonitas have also introduced their Your Health Platform – restructuring of Supplementary and Preventative Benefits. Supplementary Benefits have been redesigned and enhanced as part of the 2016 product offering.
Additional benefits include 1 HIV test and flue vaccination per beneficiary for each year as well as emergency medical transportation
The BonEssential plan has deductibles for certain procedures in hospital. This is an amount you need to pay up front when admitted to hospital. For instance a colonoscopy will require you paying an amount of R1 050 upfront while some procedures such as back surgery including spinal surgery will require a R5 250 deductible.
BonEssential is an all-round hospital plan which is both affordable and uncomplicated. It is offered by Bonitas, an open medical scheme who have all the experience to deliver the best medical aid plans there are and which more than 650 000 South Africans rely on for exceptional medical care.
The scheme has also negotiated preferential rates with more than 5 500 doctors, nationwide to ensure members are at the receiving end of quality medical care for each season of life.
Get FREE hospital plan quotes on this page by completing and sending the form