BonEssential Hospital Plan
May 12, 2016
Bonitas offers South Africans a wide range of products including their popular BonEssential hospital plan. Their focus is on offering quality health care which offers value for money. They offer medical aid- and hospital plans which suit people from all walks of life. Bonitas is a fully registered medical scheme.
Their BonEssential Hospital Plan is the ideal choice for families looking for emergency cover. What people appreciate with this hospital plan is that it offers stays at private hospitals. Hospitalisation is covered at 100% of the Bonitas rate.
People appreciate that BonEssential is affordable and uncomplicated. If you need more information on the BonEssential Hospital Plan, you can call the Bonitas Customer Care line at 0860 002 108 or you can visit their website for more information on their products.
Some BonEssential Hospital Plan Benefits
- Cover for 27 chronic conditions – a 40% co-payment will be required for using a non-DSP for medication.
- Supplementary Benefits. These extra benefits provide cover in or out-of-hospital
– maternity care post-natal consultations
– 6 ante-natal consultations, two 2D scans, 1 amniocentesis, a midwife and 4 infant paediatric benefit
– 2 consultations before the age of 1. One consultation between the ages of 1 and 2- childhood illness benefit and 1 GP consultation for each beneficiary between the ages of 2 and – 12.
- Preventative care benefit – general health and elderly health. With elderly health – members between the ages of 50 and 75 can have an annual faecal occult blood test.
- Wellness Screening Benefit – 1 assessment each year.
- Preventative Care – general health and elderly health.
- Childhood Illness Benefit.
- Some In Hospital Benefits –
– oncology – R295 400 per family each year
– physical rehabilitation – R42 500 per family each year
– there is an alternative to hospitalisation – R14 200 for each family each year
– dentistry – call Bonitas or refer to their product brochure. This will give you a full list of benefits. This also applies to their optometry benefits.
– paramedical services such as occupational- and speech therapy – these are unlimited at 100% of the Bonitas rate
– take home medication – R325 per beneficiary
– mental health hospitalisation – R27 600 per family
– Aid Benefit – R27 650 per beneficiary, per year. For this benefit, you must be registered with the Aid for Aids programme
– organ transplants – unlimited
– unlimited GP and Specialist consultations while in hospital
- Wellness Screening Benefit
- Wellness Extender – R700 per family per year
The BonEssential Hospital Plan from Bonitas is an excellent choice if you want affordable hospital cover. It is a solid, uncomplicated hospital plan that one simply can’t be without.There are medical aids still worth consideration in South Africa. Bonitas offers the BonEssential hospital plan. You can do your research and you will find that the BonEssential Plan falls amongst one of the cheapest medical aids in South Africa. It covers major medical benefits, chronic medication as well as out of hospital features.
Get FREE hospital cover quotes by completing and sending the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing