Genesis Medical Scheme Cheap Options
August 1, 2020
Genesis Medical Scheme hospital plans are cheap options aimed at giving you total peace of mind when it comes to you and your family’s health. They are designed to offer members and their beneficiaries maximum flexibility. You will therefore get the most cover your budget can accommodate.
Genesis, a registered medical scheme, was started in 1995 and has grown over the past 25 years to become one of South Africa’s industry leaders. They have achieved this by giving workers of all income levels access to healthcare affordably.
Cheap Options from Genesis Medical Scheme
Becoming a member of Genesis Medical Scheme’s plans will unlock a number of benefits pertaining to medical treatment when the need arises. You will be covered for inpatient treatment whether,it was prescribed by a doctor or it was an emergency admission. The beauty is that you won’t have to worry if the healthcare facility you want to visit is in the Genesis Medical Scheme network.
There are two options under the hospital plan and each of these has its benefits. Below is a list of what is covered under the two.
Private – One of Two Cheap Options
- 100 percent cover up to the medical aid rate of consultation fees for general practitioners and specialists as well as maternity care.
- 100 percent of the ward fees for admissions as per the medical aid rate.
- 200 percent of the medical aid rate for psychiatric treatment limited to R36,000 per beneficiary per year.
- Full cover for internal prostheses and surgical appliances up to R30,000 per beneficiary per year.
- 100% of the lower cost or the medical aid rate for pathology services, x-rays, MRI and CT scans provided they are authorised.
- 75% of the cost of pain relief procedures such as epidural injections. These are covered to a limit of R5,000 per beneficiary per year.physiotherapy is covered up to 100% of the medical aid rate.
- Dental procedures such as extraction of teeth for child beneficiaries below the age and removal of wisdom teeth for adult beneficiaries are covered for up to 100% of the medical aid rate.
Private Choice – The Second Cheap Option
This is a more limited version of the private plan and therefore doesn’t offer a number of the benefits it provides. For instance, cover for prosthetics and internal medical appliances is only provided up to 50% of the medical aid rate or to a limit of R20,000 per beneficiary per annum.
Note that both options do not cover out-of-hospital treatment except for basic dentistry (a limited number of fillings, root canals, tooth extractions, etc.) and some scans (with Private plan only). Cosmetic surgery is also not covered under both plans.
Genesis Medical Scheme Contributions
Contributions will differ depending on the option you choose and the number of beneficiaries you wish to include. The monthly contribution for a single adult beneficiary will be higher under the Private plan than under the Private Choice plan. If you would like to include your spouse under the cover, you will be required to contribute a little more for either plan.
If you complete and submit the form on this page we will contact you with a health insurance quote and help you to sign up for cover.
All info was correct at time of publishing