Health Insurance from Oneplan
May 21, 2018
Oneplan offers various health insurance products, which aim to be affordable and offer comprehensive coverage. So here in this article, we will have a look at health insurance from Oneplan. They are proud to be the only provider in South Africa that pays out before the member has to pay a service provider, through their Onecard, which acts like a debit card.
It is estimated that up to 80% of South Africans cannot afford a traditional medical aid and Oneplan, therefore, aims to offer cover to this market. Their plans are simple to understand, their processes are uncomplicated, and claims can even be processed on a mobile phone.
Clients are able to use their chosen healthcare providers and superior technology ensures that access to funds is immediate. They have 40000 clients (75% of whom have never had medical cover) and process 6000 claims each month.
They offer the following plans – Health Insurance from Oneplan
- Cover starts at R333 per month for a single person
- Cover starts at R328 per month for a single person
- Cover starts at R625 per month for a single person
- Cover starts at R842 per month for a single person
- Cover starts at R1034 per month for a single person
All plans offer the following features: – Health Insurance from Oneplan
- GP visits (R280 – R340 per visit, depending on plan)
- Scripted medications (R133 – R250 per script, depending on plan)
- Pathology (R390 – R575 per event, depending on plan)
- Radiology (R390 – R575 per event, depending on plan)
- Dentistry (R520 – R760 per visit, depending on plan; max 3 visits per year)
- Maternity pre-birth (R485 – R550 per visit; 3 visits per pregnancy)
- Optometry (R850 – R1320 per claim, one claim per member every 24 months)
- Up to R920 for optometry (one claim per member every 24 months)
- Counselling for trauma & assault and protection services and accidental infection treatment for HIV
- Access to 24hr ambulance and emergency services hotline
- Repatriation of mortal remains to funeral home (R11340 – R13500 per insured person)
The Core, Blue, Professional & Executive Plans offer the following additional features:
- Emergency illness in casualty (R4800 – R5000, depending on plan)
- Accident treatment in casualty (R4800 – R5000, depending on plan)
- Accident cover (R130000 – R275000, depending on plan; 12-month waiting period)
The Blue, Professional & Executive Plans offer the following additional features:
- Hospital illness (R40000 – R64000 per insured event, depending on plan)
- Dread disease cover (R245000 – R320000 per defined disease per year, depending on plan)
- Natural birth & emergency caesarean (R40000 – 64000 per insured event, depending on plan)
Executive Plan offers the following additional features
- Specialist cover (up to R1900 per visit; max 3 visits per family per year & referral from GP required)
Oneplan charges a once-off administration fee of R150 when you take out your policy and also charges R150 for additional or lost cards.
Oneplan does not accept members over the age of 65.
All info was correct at time of publishing