Understanding Your medical Quote terms.
May 5, 2017
South African medical schemes often use terms in your policy that may not be clear to you.
Therefore, to help you grasp the results of a quote form, here are some common terms:
A South African medical Schemes very Mini dictionary
- Acute Medicine: Is required to manage your illness which gets worse over time.
- Late Joiner: Over 35-year-old person seeking to get cover.
- Agreed Tariff: Refers to a set amount agreed upon by hospitals and doctors.
- Chronic Disease: A long-lasting illness that requires special medicine to control it over a period of time.
- Consultation: A specialist or doctors visit.
- Co-payment: The balance amount after your aid scheme has worked out their payment, paid by the member.
Request your quote today by filling in our easy form!
All info was correct at time of publishing