Understanding Your medical Quote terms.
South African medical schemes often use terms in your policy that may not be clear to you.
Therefore, to help you grasp the results of a quote form, here are some common terms:
A South African medical Schemes very Mini dictionary
- Acute Medicine: Is required to manage your illness which gets worse over time.
- Late Joiner: Over 35-year-old person seeking to get cover.
- Agreed Tariff: Refers to a set amount agreed upon by hospitals and doctors.
- Chronic Disease: A long-lasting illness that requires special medicine to control it over a period of time.
- Consultation: A specialist or doctors visit.
- Co-payment: The balance amount after your aid scheme has worked out their payment, paid by the member.
Request your quote today by filling in our easy form!