Who is GEMS medical aid?
February 4, 2017
GEMS Medical Aid (Government Employees Medical Scheme). A health care plan approved by Cabinet in 2002.
The plan consists of Onyx, Emerald, Emerald Value, Ruby, Beryl and Sapphire options.
GEMS medical Aid categories
- Sapphire – Is an entry level option that covers out of hospital visits to the optometrist, dentist and doctor. Maternity care is through private clinics and in hospital visits at public health venues.
- Beryl – Treatment only at GEMS network approved healthcare doctors.
- Ruby – A Block Benefit, hospital plan and a PMSA.
- Emerald Value – The GP must be on the approved GEMS network list. However, hospital use must be a Hospital Network on the Emerald Value list.
- Emerald – For special treatment.
- Onyx – A network of chemists and GPs who comply with Gems rates.
GEMS therefore, offer you all that a major healthcare firm offers. Furthermore, the plan has the backing of the cabinet.
Get a FREE quote today by filling in our form!
All info was correct at time of publishing